Redken Creative Consultant Guido — is always looking to put a new spin on the ponytail, and this is obvious — as he created a futuristic, modern interpretation of one at the Alexander Wang Spring 2013 show on Saturday, September 8. The style was sleek and even robotic in front, but the back was all natural, disheveled texture with a bit of a wave.
I’m always challenging myself to update classics, and the look at Alexander Wang today is a ponytail with a different point of view. Alex wanted a small head this season, so this started as a low pony kept close to the head. But I then added a strip of tape down the center part which makes the style really become more than a simply pony. The severity of the tape almost makes you look twice – which makes sense with the collection.”
Redken products to look out for:
-NEW satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion
-fashion work 12 versatile working spray
Create the Look:
1. On damp hair, create a center part that’s clean but not perfectly straight.
2. Apply satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion and dry hair with a Sultra Temptress dryer, leaving natural texture in the bottom two thirds.
3. Create a low pony at the nape of the neck keeping the hair tight to the head.
4. Using a curling iron like the Sultra Bombshell Cone, create a slight bend to the hair in the pony.
5. Adhere tape to the center part, running about an inch down the center of the forehead.
6. Mist fashion work 12 versatile working spray all over finished style to keep the front sleek and add texture and flexible hold in the back.
Looking for the latest in hair fashion? For more information visit Redken, facebook.com/Redken @Redken5thAve