Ever wondered…what the heck…all the buzz was about — with BB Creams? And now with CC creams *holding head*…well, I wouldn’t be a good beauty ambassador if I didn’t address this issue — as I myself lost in wonderment about what the big deal was! For months, I passed through the isles of Sephora — mind-boggled — as my interest continued to pique. Finally, I decided to take to the experts — and some of my fave beauty mavens in the field. I knew this task would take me on a blog hop of beauty stops.
I asked each beauty maven four questions
- What are your thoughts on the BB Cream craze?
- What advice would you give to get the best BB Cream appeal?
- What is you most coveted beauty secret?
- What beauty product will ALWAYS star in your makeup bag?
First stop led me to beauty lair of a chic expert (and ‘GlamRUs Society’ diva) Emily Huspeth:
1. The BB Cream craze is very interesting. On the one hand, it doesn’t do something new or that other products can’t do (skin care, cosmetic benefit, sun protection). It does however do a really beautiful job at combining the efforts of multiple products in one step. I don’t really understand how this wasn’t available 20 years ago, but I am thankful for it now!2. I recommend that people go out and try a few BB creams before they find the one that works for them. Just like finding the right foundation, you will need to do some research and trial and error. From the BB creams that I have tried, I can tell you that my experience that each will have a slightly different amount of coverage and staying power. Each brand will also have different SPF coverage, so that could influence your decision.3. My most coveted beauty secret is not really a secret at all. I think so many people know this but don’t necessarily put it in practice. Always go to bed with a clean, moisturized face. Gets lots of beauty sleep because this is your body’s opportunity to restore and repair itself.4. I love all makeup, really all of it! But I can not live without lip color. I have so many options of lipstick, lipliner, lipgloss, tinted moisturizers, etc that I would probably be set for life if I never bought another lip product. That would never happen because I love it too much to stop buying it!
Next, I strutted over to Big Time Beauty, to consult the lovely Ashley Pena:
1. I really feel it is just that: a craze. With the exception of one Western BB Cream, the others I have tried have been nothing more than either a renamed tinted moisturizer or a fancy foundation primer. We haven’t really seen a Western BB Cream with the same coverage, staying power, etc. as the Asian BB Creams have. My problem with Asian BB Creams is they tend to be more yellow based and they don’t work for myself or my clients here in the United States.2. BB Creams were developed to help post surgical faces, so a good BB Cream should have a ton of benefits for your skin and provide a decent amount of coverage.3. I don’t have many beauty secrets that most of us don’t already know. I’d have to say my secret weapon in my arsenal is a really, really great concealer. Concealer can take you a long way and a perfect concealer can replace a foundation in your day to day make up routine UNLESS you have scarring, excessive spotting, redness, etc in which cases you’ll need a foundation.4. MAC ProLongwear Concealer. It’s water resistant, long wearing and a little dot conceals my entire face. I love it!
And finally, I needed to have some beauty recharge, after a double dose of FABness, so I decided to visit — an amazing beauty expert — Kristie Burnett – a.k.a. Blushing Basics - beauty blogger, television correspondent, beauty journalist and makeup artist wrapped up in a tiny little package. While makeup can’t create height (this beauty blogger barely hits five feet) it can create fun, beauty and provides an artistic outlet for this 31 year old wife and mother of three.
You might also like: